Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
Luckily, it is easy to create a low carb version of peanut butter cookies and still keep the recipe extremely simple. To make these low carb and keto-friendly, the only thing needed is to swap out sugar for erythritol!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Servings 15 cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup Puresweet erythritol sweetener
- 1 large egg
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and gather your ingredients! Place half a cup of granular erythritol into a Nutribullet and blend for a few seconds. You should end up with a fine, powdered sweetener!
2. Combine the peanut butter, powdered erythritol and the egg and mix very well.
3. Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press down with a fork twice to create the iconic peanut butter cookie pattern.
4. Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until you see the cookie edges turn a darker brown.
5. Let them cool on a wire rack and enjoy with a yummy glass of nut milk!
I suggest starting off with this small amount of sweetener and doing a taste-test. Since peanut butter is a treat to begin with, adding a whole ton of sweetener wouldn’t really be necessary. Let that natural sweetness of the peanut butter shine through!